Today was a day of firsts besides it being July 1st, my beautiful and handsome readers. I went to my

first day of clinicals then went straight to work! 8 hours straight of staying busy from patient to patient. My instructors made certain that we got as many exposure possible today. I’m not complaining because I know this is one step closer to my goal. πŸ€— I didn’t think the dxperience was THAT bad. I mean I’ve watched my mom give her clients a bath if fhey were unable to bathe themselves, so I was able to assist the nurses with bathing as well as the changing their clothes, brushing the residents’ teeth, transferring them in and out of bed with a Hoyer, and feeding. I was nervous at first with bathing the residents, but you kind of get a hang of it after the second resident. Oh! I watched a nurse change a colostomy bag (I wanted to take. Picture of that for you guys, but couldn’t with my phone, lol) and was also exposed to a resident with C. Diff. Β and another resident with MRSA without knowing because the nurses didn’t isolate them like they were supposed to according to my instructor. Yay, staying busy. πŸ˜‚

The thing with me is that majority of the time, I like to stay busy… like REALLY BUSY. There so much drama that happens in ones life that my way of staying OUT of drama is by working my butt off. πŸ˜‚ For example, I haven’t introduce the story of a guy friend living in the Philippines, but one of the certified nurse’s assistants working at the nursing home reminded me of that same filipino guy friend! They had the same humor that charms all the older ladies and I’m sure the younger ones as well. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ Since my trip to the Philippines in March, I’ve been working so hard to get my mind off him because what is living on different countries going to help? He’s not much of a long-distance relationship of a guy, and I’m not one in search of more heartaches (even though it inevitably happens). So I went back to work on bettering myself where I can and basically stayed busy: helping my mom run errands, take her clients to the doctors, work, volunteer, read, write, RUN…

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I accepted a client to bring to dialysis every Saturday. HAHA! What I did NOT know was that he is placed in the isolation room because he has HEP B!!! Thankfully, I’m able to write in my blog while I’m waiting for Mr. Jack (his first name) to finish.

Mr. J sleeping πŸ˜…
My cool personal protective equipment (PPE)

So yes, this is my FIRST time with a dialysis patient, first time BEING with a HEP B patient, and being with that said patient in isolation in a dialysis facility. πŸ˜…

So while I’m typing away with gloves on my dying phone (3% and no outlet nor did I bring my charger), Mr. J is sleeping away during his dialysis. After this busy day, I can’t wait to go home and sleep until I need to wake up for clinicals tomorrow. I haven’t even eaten dinner yet and Mr. J won’t be done until 9:13pm according to the dialysis assistant. πŸ™ I probably won’t be home until 9:45pm since I also need to drop off Mr. J to his carehome. πŸ€”

Until next time! (1% battery life now).

Much love,



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s